1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Your chance to get questions answered
Over the last few years a lot of stories have been circulating about the so-called Hot Hitz And Kold Kutz album. Will this ever be released?
Also, in the World Tour programme, Linda said that Neil Young is one of her favourite songwriters. Could she and Paul pick out their favourite Neil Young album and song?
Stephen Kershaw, Solihull, England
First mentioned in the early 1970s as a refuge for good but unreleased material, Hot Hitz And Kold Kutz hasn't gone away, and obviously gets added to each time a song is recorded and not used. It's been said before, we know, but there are still plans to release it in the future.
Paul and Linda both enjoy Neil Young's work and find it difficult to isolate clear favourites. Pressed, however, Paul chooses Harvest as his album and 'Only Love Can Break Your Heart' (from After The Goldmsh) as his favourite track. Linda selects any of the Buffalo Springfield albums, or solo works Harvest and Live Rust, and the tracks 'Expecting To Fly' (on Buffalo Springfield Again) and 'Like A Hurricane' (on American Stars 'n' Bars) as her prime cuts. Guess you could say they're keen fans!
For years I've wanted to know where the inside photograph for Tug Of War was taken. It's the one where Paul is sitting on a couch, leaning over a coffee-table and writing something. Can you supply any information?
Raymond Meaney, New York, USA
We've heard people suggest the photo was taken in Montserrat, where Tug Of War was recorded, but in fact this excellent picture of Paul was taken by Linda during a holiday in Jamaica.
Get Back is a wonderful souvenir of the World Tour. Could you tell us from which concerts the audio portions of the songs were taken?
Tina and Quentin Brown, North Vancouver, Canada
I've noticed that the Get Back film soundtrack is different from the album Tripping The Live Fantastic. Could you list the venues from which the songs were taken?
Andrew Macdiarmid, Penn, England
The 20 songs in the film were drawn from concerts recorded in Rotterdam, Montreal, Hamburg, Toronto, Birmingham, Zurich, Los Angeles and Chicago. Because of audio/visual editing, continuity and synchronisation complications it's hard to be more specific about each track.
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION THAT YOU'D LIKE ANSWERED SEND IT ALONG TO CLUB SANDWICH, PO BOX 110, WESTCLIFF, ESSEX, SSO 8NW, ENGLAND, MARKING YOUR POSTCARD OR ENVELOPE 'WRITE AWAY' IN THE TOP-LEFT CORNER. WE CANNOT RESPOND OUTSIDE OF THIS COLUMN.
GREEN SUMMER CROSSWORD
1. Organisation founded in 1971 to maintain a balance between human progress and environ mental conservation (10)
8. Downpour that contains a high concentration of pollutants (4,4)
9. Extinct flightless bird of Mauritius (4)
10. _______ light, another name for dawn (5)
11. Great crested _______, a diving bird (5)
13. ___ ______ Books of the International Union for Conservation of Nature, listing threatened species (3,4)
14. Fertile spot in the desert (5)
15. Of, for, or used by both sexes (7)
16. Town in Greater London, famous for its film studios (7)
17. Deficiency, shortage (4)
18. ______ Lakes (Superior, Huron, Eric, Ontario and Michigan) (5)
19. Country of Africa with the savanna - home of the fast disappearing Oryx (5)
2. Great dense areas ot broad-leaved trees in tropical areas of heavy rainfall (11)
3. Fault (5)
4. Section of the high plateau country of N Central America along the north side of the Little Colorado River Valley - famous for its brilliant-coloured rocks (7,6)
5. ________ of Lebanon, tree of level spreading branches and fragrant odour (5)
6. Region in the stratosphere that absorbs high energy solar ultra-violet rays and is now in danger from 'holing' (5,5)
7. World's largest and deepest expanse of water (7,5)
11. Wild _____, with a sword-shaped flower, perennial of the iris family, now found only in Hampshire, England (8)
12. Faded gradually - like smoke, say - from sight (9)
13. Tract ofland set aside for the protection and conservation of wild animals, flowers etc (7)
ANSWERS TO SPRING CROSSWORD IN CS 61
Liverpool Oratorio performances in Budapest, Hungary; Rome, Italy; Quebec City and Montreal, Canada
Liverpool Oratorio performances in Chicago
16th annual Buddy Holly Week celebrations
Linda McCartney - Sixties book published
Liverpool Oratorio performances in Helsinki, Finland
...and your next Club Sandwich